"La Nicotina" Telecaster build

Yes, it's true, not all guitars are acoustics; some have single coils and some have buckers, and all of those have some serious electrons. Build 'em, work on 'em, mods, questions, Put 'em here!
Edward Taylor
Include Off Topic: Yes

"La Nicotina" Telecaster build

Post by Edward Taylor » Tue May 08, 2012 8:26 am

Welp life has been crazy for a while but I am finally getting back in the shop. Thought I would share the progress of my newest build with you guys. I had the first pics on my old digital but it crapped out so we will pick up where I started on the new iPhone.

The plan for this guitar is 25.5 tele, swamp ash body with a gorgeous maple drop top, curly maple neck with ebony fret board and headstock veneer, all black hardware, a tobacco sunburst and an inlay of Van Gogh's skeleton.

As the famed philosopher, Pogo Possum’s friend Porky, observed, “There’s only two possibilities: Either we is the most intelligent life in the universe, or there is life out there which is more intelligent than we are. Either way, it’s a mighty sobering thought.”

howie123
Include Off Topic: Yes

Re: "La Nicotina" Telecaster build

Post by howie123 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:14 am

Ahh pretty looking Tele you got there, My first Tele also had a flame maple drop top on it but I used sapele for the body and neck with Flamed maple for the board and home made ebony dots and for some unknown reason I stained it orange! oh well you live and learn lol.. my current tele is hard Ash and Flamed maple neck/board again with ebony dots and its just waiting for some of the hardware to arrive in the post. What hardware do you have planned for this build? I have an aversion to just adding lots of big brand parts to my electrics just for the sake of it. If I can find suitable unbranded parts of high enough quality with the spec I'm looking for I'll take a punt and try them out. I'm often pleasantly surprised with the end results..... anyways I digress slightly, looking forward to the inlay you have planned and hope you post plenty of pics
Paul
Chief Woodbotherer @ Littlefair Luthiery