2 new bar fret guits, sound file added

Guitars by Grant Goltz of Hackensack, MN
whitespruce
Site Admin
Include Off Topic: Yes

Re: 2 new bar fret guits

Post by whitespruce » Wed May 07, 2014 7:19 pm

Not a lot of progress, but I DID cut the truss rod slots.

Now I can glue on the peghead veneer and then the fingerboards. Then I can show you how to put in the bar frets :D

G

mtracz

Post by mtracz » Sat May 10, 2014 6:56 am

Grant,

Amazing thread!

I can't wait to see your adjustable neck take form yet again.

I learn so much from your sharing and hope to tackle a neck like that as well some day.

And I must say I am truly inspired by your innovation in bracing!

Thank you for taking the time to share!!!

_Mike
Mike Tracz

MCT Guitars - Handcrafted to Inspire
https://MCTGuitars.tumblr.com/

whitespruce
Site Admin

Post by whitespruce » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:37 am

Well, this past month took a nosedive what with all of the crap going on here. We did finally get gravel put on the new road on Friday, and that mess will hopefully soon be settled. Just a matter of how obnoxious the a$$hole neighbor decides to continue to be. Kinda tired of dealing with lawyers :evil: :twisted:

So, I will be pressing on with this and the Snapper archtop. I have gotten to a point that I will probably only have one of these (bar fret guitars) strung up by Stringfest. I have been thinking of making both necks identical so I could swap out the phosphor bronze fretted one for the beryllium copper fretted one. However, it seems as though the b c deal has fallen into a crack somewhere, so that might not happen. Still hoping that it can be resurrected in time for Stringfest, but not too hopeful.

So, I need to take some photos and get this updated. Will start doing this ASAP.

Stay tuned,

G

Dennis Leahy
Dishwasher

Post by Dennis Leahy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:49 am

Topic bump. Beryllium copper or phosphor bronze... which one will be first...

Dennis
Dennis Leahy

whitespruce
Site Admin

Post by whitespruce » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:49 pm

Well, since I never did get the beryllium copper that was "in the mail", I guess it will have to be the phosphor bronze. Somewhere down the road I guess I will probably end up having to buy and cut the beryllium copper on my own :(

G

whitespruce
Site Admin

Post by whitespruce » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:53 am

I am finally getting the last of the "summer crap" out of the way. Just a bit more fixing on the roof this week so the shingle guy can return and finish his job.

So I will be getting back on these. First step is to get back to Online Metals and see if their offer of a chunk of 0.06" beryllium copper for $250 is still good. (Tim, I sent you a PM, but you are obviously ignoring me). Once I get that and cut some of it into frets, I will get working on both versions, hopefully in a couple of weeks.

Stay tuned.

G

timo

Post by timo » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:59 am

Grant, I'm sorry but I would never ignore you, I never received a PM. I admit to being hard to get a hold of outside of business for the last year but thats just because I've got too much going on. I've been catching hell from friends and family for the last 9 months because of it. As I said on my thread, email me direct; tahtiguitars@earthlink.net OK?

Tim

whitespruce
Site Admin

Post by whitespruce » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:06 am

timo wrote:Grant, I'm sorry but I would never ignore you, I never received a PM. I admit to being hard to get a hold of outside of business for the last year but thats just because I've got too much going on. I've been catching hell from friends and family for the last 9 months because of it. As I said on my thread, email me direct; tahtiguitars@earthlink.net OK?

Tim
I apologize for sounding so agitated. Just frustrated, I guess. Lots of crap has put me on edge far more than I am comfortable with. Sorry.

G