So, you think you're a kamikaze Luthier?

Yes, it's true, not all guitars are acoustics; some have single coils and some have buckers, and all of those have some serious electrons. Build 'em, work on 'em, mods, questions, Put 'em here!
Eben
Chairman Emeritus
Include Off Topic: Yes

So, you think you're a kamikaze Luthier?

Post by Eben » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:30 pm

Y'all probably heard hat one of my all time heroes, J J Cale, passed away on Friday.

In addition to being an incredible player, singer and songwriter, J J was an inveterate tinkerer; he said, "I like to work on guitars. I'll go buy guitars and modify them — putting in new pickups and re-fretting them and so forth. It's kind of a hobby, really."

I'll bet not that any of y'all have seen pics of his long-time go-to axe, a "$50 Harmony" - If you think you've seen it all, think again.

Check out J J's work here

The link therein is worth scoping out too.

Thank you, John Weldon Cale. You've been an inspiration and a joy to me for on toward 40 years, and will be for the rest of my days.

E
‘I love America - I just dont know how to get there anymore.’

John Prine

UrbanMonique Food Blog

BRuddy
Include Off Topic: Yes

Re: So, you think you're a kamikaze Luthier?

Post by BRuddy » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:06 pm

Thanks a bunch for that Eben. Never heard about that guitar before. First adjustable neck?, was there a kitchen sink in there? And I was worried about trying "radical" changes in bracing systems and back wood selection :lol: , I know....it's an electric, well now it is!

Maybe I can make a link directly too it work - http://harmony.demont.net/jjcale.php

Thanks again, the videos were great.
Brian R, N8ZED

"Still traveling through the universe at 33.7 million kilometers a day on Starship Earth - and enjoying the ride!."