My Guitar Project V - Awesome 6-String Classical guitar

Times are tough, the world's economy is takin' a beating; What should conscientious luthiers do in response?! How about some scrounge builds! Nothin' fancy, nothin' from far away, and lots of imagination...
HNLim
Include Off Topic: Yes

My Guitar Project V - Awesome 6-String Classical guitar

Post by HNLim » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:53 pm

As the saying goes, “Satan temps idle hands”. In this instance my idle mind has fallen “victim”. I have been day dreaming for the last 35 years of one day owning a very awesome classical guitar.

If I keep on dreaming, I will remain a dreamer. If I make my dream come true, I become a visionary. So, I decided not to be a dreamer.

As I have mentioned earlier in my introduction that I am not a luthier but a woodworker who loves to play classical guitar and love to own awesome classical guitars.

This awesome guitar is still works in progress as is with all my 5 other guitar projects. Any awesome suggestion for my inspiration is most welcome and will be truly appreciated.

This are some of the inspirations for the headstock.

This is my dream headstock that I hope to use on my future awesome guitar. It will probably be the 5th in the series of my guitar projects and also probably the last that I will undertake. I hope to put my best effort and resources to build this awesome guitar.

The middle top Chinese character æž— is my family name which means "forest". Right at the top will be a star cross made from MOP which is a sign of my faith.

I need your encouragement!!!!!!

Eben
Chairman Emeritus

Re: My Guitar Project V - Awesome 6-String Classical guitar

Post by Eben » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:35 pm

Weeeeeellll, lets get 'er goin' then! You got the plan, time to lay down some wood!

E
‘I love America - I just dont know how to get there anymore.’

John Prine

UrbanMonique Food Blog

HNLim

Re: My Guitar Project V - Awesome 6-String Classical guitar

Post by HNLim » Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:48 pm

Here is how the headplate looks like. I hope it is awesome enough. Is there anything that I can do to make it even more awesome?