Curly Maple Cutaway for Debbie

Guitars by Ray Feissli of Fort Worth, Texas
Raymond

Re: Curly Maple Cutaway for Debbie

Post by Raymond » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks Dennis.

I did my best to talk Debbie out of buying this guitar because she doesn't know how to play either. She insisted and said that she would take lessons after she got it. I'm hoping to get her instructor to play it though so maybe we can get a recording of him/her...

If it wasn't so late in getting finished, I'd have taken it to Eben's and/or Steve's for evaluation. First time I didn't get at least one of them to play it.

Raymond
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.

stevens
Include Off Topic: Yes

Post by stevens » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:39 pm

Gee Ray,

I am disappointed not to have been able to play this newest one.

Bling is the word. :shock:

I also know that you do know what a nice guitar sound is - so if it plays easily and sounds nice - what more is there ?

So - what's next ?

Steve
Remember it's the process of building you must love.

Raymond

Post by Raymond » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:10 am

Steve, I'm bummed too about not getting to show it to you, but the next time I come I'll bring Olivia's at least (assuming she says okay.).

As for what's next... I have an electric to build along with a non-classical nylon string and a Uke. First for each so I guess I'll be expanding my horizons...

Funny thing about this one. Debbie doesn't play, and although she doesn't work in my area anymore, she just happened to run into a couple of people who are players and know me, but didn't know I build guitars. One is suggesting they want a Gibson shaped Jumbo and didn't flinch at the price (why should he since it's less than the Gibson Price). I plan to give him the Wayne Henderson / Eben spiel but if time isn't an issue for him I think I'll have another commission. And Joel is a performer so if I do a good job we might see a Feissli Guitar on stage some day.

Raymond
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.