Almost backyard build!

Times are tough, the world's economy is takin' a beating; What should conscientious luthiers do in response?! How about some scrounge builds! Nothin' fancy, nothin' from far away, and lots of imagination...
MetcalfGuitars
Include Off Topic: Yes

Re: Almost backyard build!

Post by MetcalfGuitars » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:06 am

Danny, nice guitar, beautiful work!....and welcome!

Now, if I can just get a log truck to drop a few nice red spruce logs in front of my house :D

DannyV

Post by DannyV » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:15 pm

Hey Dave! You speak Canadian too eh. How cool. And yup. Big sound for a little guitar. I'm very happy.

And Lefty, Last winter I dug in and went at building a new shop. This winter, reaped the benifits. Did lots of cabinet work for profit, some house projects to keep Mama Bear happy. And I'm sure smiling. It's just about time to go at my real job. 2 months of trying to out smart the sought after Spot Prawn of the West Coast of British Columbia. You should see my office. Life is good. I have two great kids. Both active in music. And me, long time player and woodworker who has tried to follow the sound advice of Peter Pan and never quite grown up.

Looking forward to spending time here.

All The Best,
Danny Vincent
Life is too short to use bad wood!

Powell River, BC

Dennis Mitchell

Post by Dennis Mitchell » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:47 pm

Well sir, that's about as backyard of a build as it gets. Welcome, and very fine work for guitar #2! Like the whole gang, I'm looking forward to seeing more.
Dennis Mitchell

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and lends to all that is good and just and beautiful."
PLATO

Lefty

Post by Lefty » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:24 am

Danny,
I have seen part of your office. I spent 10 days salmon fishing up around Ketchikan a few years ago. Beautiful place.

Your gonna like it hear. There are a lot of lost boys from Neverland here. :D

Lefty
No money Nathan. No money Marty. Just a roof over my head and a rockin chair by the fire.
(Mose Harper)

Steve "Lefty" Leff