Model O (SJ) Itialian, Ribbon Stripe, Coco

Guitars by Todd Lunneborg of Andover, MN
tlguitars
Include Off Topic: Yes

Model O (SJ) Itialian, Ribbon Stripe, Coco

Post by tlguitars » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:27 pm

So as you may have noticed my other builds have gone on hold as no one has paid me for anything (really) yet, and my wife offered up a guitar for a local Hospital Foundation Charity auction with just barely enough time to build it. All nighters are on the horizion!! Here's hoping I get it done by April 4th. I just glued the back on to the body and finished the bridge and neck design work as well as the new label for the inside. The best though, is I found out that when you cut your thumb on the table saw it really does cut away the bulk. Got some non vacumed dust between my glasses and pulled away and as I realing from the pain of the dust I created a small canyon in my thumb. Things are cool, went to the ER and no stitches, just a "Man that was close!!" from the Doc. Look for pics of the guitar soon. I'm off to rough the neck.

Jim

Re: Model O (SJ) Itialian, Ribbon Stripe, Coco

Post by Jim » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:39 pm

I second the Doctor's opinion! Whew!

Got any photos of the O? The wood sounds interesting.

Jim
"When people hear good music, it makes them homesick for something they never had and never will have." -- Edgar Watson Howe

gilmoreguitars

Post by gilmoreguitars » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:50 pm

Been there...done that!!!

As Master Miagi would say..."always keep a eye"
Cheers
David
"I was gonna get up off this barstool just as soon as I could figure it out..."
http://www.gilmoreguitars.ca

Joe Sustaire

Post by Joe Sustaire » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:22 pm

Whoa Todd, glad you're all right!
The shirt off your back for charity is alright, but you gots to draw the line at body parts! :D

Joe
"I tell you we are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anyone tell you any different!"
Kurt Vonnegut

Dennis Leahy
Dishwasher

Post by Dennis Leahy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:59 pm

Hi Todd,

You have reminded me of the Christmas many years ago where I was trying to hurry up and get a number of presents done. Used my left hand for a feather board, because it was faster than setting up a feather board. Like you, I was very lucky, and took out a patch of skin on the pad (fingerprint) of my left middle finger. Every so often, when I play guitar, I can tell the meat is a little bit thin on the bone there...

So, I am very thankful that you and the doc were able to say "close call", and please hold it in the forefront of your mind for the rest of eternity. You need to be able to count to ten, because you have kids and someday they'll piss you off and they sure don't want you to only be able to count to nine and a half! And, we need great players like you to entertain us!

Take care,

Dennis
Dennis Leahy

Lefty

Post by Lefty » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:33 am

Todd,
Thanks for the reminder that those saw blades can cut more than just wood. Glad your O.K.

I really like the T shirt and the label.

Lefty
No money Nathan. No money Marty. Just a roof over my head and a rockin chair by the fire.
(Mose Harper)

Steve "Lefty" Leff

Dennis Mitchell

Post by Dennis Mitchell » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:08 pm

Glad to hear you only trimmed a bit of flesh, and not any appendages! I'm with Lefty, the logo on your shirt is really cool, and the label looks very nice. Maybe the charity guitar needs to have that logo on it? :mrgreen:
Dennis Mitchell

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and lends to all that is good and just and beautiful."
PLATO

tlguitars

Post by tlguitars » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:44 pm

So you may notice that I had to pirate the top I was going to use for my SC proto because my sound hole round over dremel bit burned through my top just enough to warren a replacement. I was shifting my hands and didn't shift fast enough to stop the burn. There's no baring, just a nose guide.

Quick note to Dennis M, my shirts were one of the 1st things I did. Stole the guy straight out of the "Fairy Book." It's even cooler in color as the hat is non-print so it shows the color of the shirt.

To the guitar:

Glued box together last week and neck's being profiled, just pour filled tonight. Fretboard is done, bridge is in progress.

Some Coco for the back of the headplate.

My 1st attempt at top purfling, and yeah I did it on the guitar that's going to be auctioned off. My wife just laughs and says, "you just can't do anything simple can you?" I thought, "well it had to have it to match the Ab. in the Rosette!"