Tele/Strat Mod's and trick out!!!

Guitars by Todd Lunneborg of Andover, MN
tlguitars
Include Off Topic: Yes

Tele/Strat Mod's and trick out!!!

Post by tlguitars » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:45 pm

Rad repairs, So I'm tricking out a couple of tricked out guitars for a customer. It's a fiesta red strat with a wood pick guard that I made for him. I just thinned and refinished it for him. I'm now refretting the neck and hopfully will have it up an running tomorrow.

The second guitar is his tele, which is heavily mod'ed. I'm going to match the neck of the tele to the strat, and put a humbucker into the neck position. I may remake the pick guard too. But thought I'd post pics as this guy is a local guitar hero and his guitars are just killer.

They're one the desk, blown apart. I'll post pics tomorrow.

Kim

Re: Tele/Strat Mod's and trick out!!!

Post by Kim » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:14 am

Cool, looking forward to this Todd. 8-)
Last edited by Kim on Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers

Kim

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Glenn

Post by Glenn » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:16 am

Got Pictures?

Glenn
Glenn Bosshard
http://www.hulamonkey.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Hand built ukuleles
http://www.planetserenity.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Products to Nourish the Soul

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind. A. Einstein

tlguitars

Post by tlguitars » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Pick guard is on the strat has been refinished and replaced.

The now matched warmoth tele neck is in the booth and just about ready to rock.

Dennis Leahy
Dishwasher

Post by Dennis Leahy » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi Todd,

Dave White says he makes his acoustic guitar necks with no taper, which (the only reason I can remember) is so a capo like a Shubb doesn't have to be reset to be placed anywhere on the neck. (He may also just like the feel of a non-tapered neck - I'll let him elaborate if he wants.) Now, it sure looks like you're removing that taper from that factory neck, and since few electric guitarists play with a capo, I'm guessing this is a "speed" and "feel" thing. Am I guessing correctly?

Dennis
Dennis Leahy

tlguitars

Post by tlguitars » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:44 pm

Hey Dennis, I'm fancier then that!!! I measured the thickness taper of the 70's strat neck (13/64ths) and then built the jig with the taper built in to have that match perfectly. I'll take a pic and post. When I copy a neck, I copy it!!! The warmoth neck was a fatty, tappered almost 3/8th's. So I took just over a 16th of an inch off, the thickness at the nut was a little thinner to begin with, but crowned steeper then the strat. Took the heavy C to a smoother D.

Good point though, I missed the change to show how an@l I am when it comes to detail.

Later all.