Spec Parter Tele

Yes, it's true, not all guitars are acoustics; some have single coils and some have buckers, and all of those have some serious electrons. Build 'em, work on 'em, mods, questions, Put 'em here!
gilmoreguitars
Include Off Topic: Yes

Spec Parter Tele

Post by gilmoreguitars » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:11 am

So...while I have been waiting for glue to dry and finish to cure on some other projects, I decided that I would do up a parter Tele on spec.
It is a quilted maple top with alder body. Vintage Tele neck with brass fretts. Perloid pick guard.
Gotoh bridge.
When I got the body, I routed a binding channel and installed holly binding then proceeded to French Polish the body with dark amber shellac.
The pick ups are Lace. I spent most of the day putting it all together and setting it up.
It has a real vintage feel to it and the bridge pick up has that very cool "bark" of a vintage Tele and the neck pickup is so smooth.
I dig it!
David
"I was gonna get up off this barstool just as soon as I could figure it out..."
http://www.gilmoreguitars.ca

Eben
Chairman Emeritus

Re: Spec Parter Tele

Post by Eben » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:46 pm

Niiiiiiice! I think a guy could spend many a year just happily cranking out Tele variants, ya know?

I could, anyway...

;) 8-)

Urb
‘I love America - I just dont know how to get there anymore.’

John Prine

UrbanMonique Food Blog

gilmoreguitars

Post by gilmoreguitars » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:14 pm

The guy who bought...put a deposit on it can't put it down. He comes by the shop everyday to play it. There have been a couple really good players give it turn and the consensus is that it's pretty damned great. Those Lace pickups are the bomb.
I will make pretty good money on it, so will probably do up another one in a few weeks so I can hang it for sale. That was the plan with this one but the dude put his deposit on it before I even had all the parts.
Thanks
David
"I was gonna get up off this barstool just as soon as I could figure it out..."
http://www.gilmoreguitars.ca

Stephen M Boone

Post by Stephen M Boone » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:50 pm

That looks super cool! I like Teles