GH BRW, Adirondak (Slope Shoulder for MikeG)

Guitars by Todd Lunneborg of Andover, MN
tlguitars
Include Off Topic: Yes

Re: GH BRW, Adirondak (Slope Shoulder for MikeG)

Post by tlguitars » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:12 pm

They we're only about a .92-4 ish, there's a little bend in posing it for the picture. I usually go around .85-7. But it was great. And yeah that back is killer. Look for more soon.

t

Dennis Mitchell

Post by Dennis Mitchell » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:25 pm

Well, if you decide you need one less Claro set like the one above, just let me know! :mrgreen: Man.....that's some purdy stuff.

Todd, did you soak the Walnut like you showed doing the BRW sides before bending them? Never worked with Walnut except for carving a neck from it.
Dennis Mitchell

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and lends to all that is good and just and beautiful."
PLATO

Dennis Leahy
Dishwasher

Post by Dennis Leahy » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:32 pm

Dennis Leahy

tlguitars

Post by tlguitars » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:49 pm

More work done today. I bent and fit the other walnut side. I also cut and thicknessed my brace wood. I have an idea for the for my neck block that I'm not sure if I wanna do or not... I'm trying to use up some scrap wood and thought it'd be cool to fancify everything a little more. We'll see.

Cut and planed the brace wood, and some Hondouran Rosewood fillers

Glued up Whitespruces' White Spruce.

Bent and fit the last wanut side and thicknessed the back so it's ready for the marriage strip and braces, no back lines on this one!!!

Dennis Leahy
Dishwasher

Post by Dennis Leahy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:28 pm

What up? (lutherie information junkie needs fix)

Dennis
Dennis Leahy

tlguitars

Re: GH BRW, Adirondak (Slope Shoulder for Man-boy Kaki)

Post by tlguitars » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:52 pm

Was waiting on B/W/B's and some brace stock to show up in the mail and I went and raided B's neck wood and IRW stash for my necks. Bought some Mahogany and Peruvian Walnut for some filler, for neck laminates and finalized my new neck heel design and my new bridge design. Should be killer.

Got into the Big show in Aug.

Sat in on the photo shoot for my next FBJ article, in Summer #14 and got green lighted for the next one. Glued blocks to sides tonight and am going to watch Tivo'ed Hero's before sleepy time.

Your all caught up!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SIDE NOTE:
Mike G emailed and said he was pumped that you, Dennis, jumped in but wanted to know why I called him MikeG (MikG) instead of his full name. I said it's was cuz I wanted to keep it on the "down low" and gave just enough to make myself giggle when I read the title. He suggested that I go all out and change the name to Kaki, as it's a greater inside joke between the 2 of us so I've changed the title above to reflect that giggle factor. He's watching the progress incognito here. Hopefully that'll get a laugh with some silly arm flailing!!! Look for more pics soon.

Dennis Leahy
Dishwasher

Re: GH BRW, Adirondak (Slope Shoulder for for Man-boy Kaki)

Post by Dennis Leahy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:34 pm

hahahhahaa Yeah, you wanna see some foaming at the mouth, just tell Michael that you bought a Kaki CD to inspire your daughter! hahhahahahhahahaahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It's OK now, I've replaced it with CDs from Bonnie Raitt and Muriel Anderson. Breathe, Michael! :lol:

"watching the progress incognito" Do you know what Leo Kottke once mischievously stole from Michael?

"Got into the Big show in Aug." HGF? Woooo Hoooo! Hot Damn, way to go! Between that and the FJ articles, if you're not careful, you're gonna blow your cover!

Dennis
Dennis Leahy

Dennis Mitchell

Post by Dennis Mitchell » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:10 pm

Hey Todd, one of your fellow FBJ writers is wandering over to the dark side. He's been hanging out with us harp guitar types, and X-Raying old Dyers!

OK, back to your builds. Which, BTW, I really enjoy watching. :mrgreen:
Dennis Mitchell

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and lends to all that is good and just and beautiful."
PLATO