Let There Be 'Lectrics!

Yes, it's true, not all guitars are acoustics; some have single coils and some have buckers, and all of those have some serious electrons. Build 'em, work on 'em, mods, questions, Put 'em here!
Joe Sustaire
Include Off Topic: Yes

Re: Let There Be 'Lectrics!

Post by Joe Sustaire » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:26 pm

Okay now, just 'cause I don' have no 'lectricity, 'don mean this country boy ain't built hisself an 'lectric guiiitar!

Hollow body, complete with case! :D

Joe
Last edited by Joe Sustaire on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I tell you we are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anyone tell you any different!"
Kurt Vonnegut

Joe Sustaire

Post by Joe Sustaire » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:16 am

Very nice looking Tele Mr. Z! Is that maple? What kind of finish?

Joe
"I tell you we are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anyone tell you any different!"
Kurt Vonnegut

Eben
Chairman Emeritus

Post by Eben » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:35 am

Right ON boys!

Joe, I think Bo Diddley woulda really dug that axe!!

:D

Here's my last one...

VERY hybrid Jazz/stang influenced thang - Angus Young signature in the bridge and Duncan P-90 in the neck. Top panel switches isolate the P-90 and do volume and tone for that one alone. Bottom's bring in both, P-90 and 1 coil of the Angus, or just 1 coil of the Angus alone. Fishman acoustic bridge, Swamp Ash body, Maple neck, 25.5 Strat scale. The owner still grins ear to ear about that thang...

E
‘I love America - I just dont know how to get there anymore.’

John Prine

UrbanMonique Food Blog

Dennis Mitchell

Post by Dennis Mitchell » Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:57 pm

Very cool Eben!I love the tone of Phat Cat p/u's. I built up one of those $99 Guitar Center Epiphone LP Jr's for a friends son, and put a SD Phat Cat in it. Took LOTS of set up work (especially with the neck), but the tone came out great, and she don't play too bad either. :D
Dennis Mitchell

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and lends to all that is good and just and beautiful."
PLATO

Martinedwards

Post by Martinedwards » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:43 am

Hollowed Mahogany body, maple top, tapped GFS FAT PAT pups and a piezo under the saddle. stereo output.

a Les Paul I built for a friend's son's 18th Birthday....

walnut body mahogany neck, ebony fretboard and a pair of tapped FAT PATS again

two here, the archtop WILL have electric pups in it to keep the piezo in the saddle company. Ovangkol back & sides, spruce top, and the e-mando is ash with a maple neck and half a precision bass pup.

Eben
Chairman Emeritus

Post by Eben » Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:49 am

VERY cool, Martin - Great to see your stuff - Looking forward top a thread on a new build too!

E
‘I love America - I just dont know how to get there anymore.’

John Prine

UrbanMonique Food Blog

steve cyr

Post by steve cyr » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:52 pm

Hi y'all! This is my first post since joining two days ago. The topic is electrics, so here's the 6-stringer I'm most proud of. Here's the story:

About 4 years ago I was looking at guitar parts on Ebay, and I came across this Tele bridge in gold, cut for a humbucker. $12.99 plus shipping, Buy It Now. So I bought it. My first thought after doing that and paying for it was. "Shoot! Now I gotta built a Tele!" I had built several Strat-type guitars, and some of my own design, but never before a Tele. I didn't really want a Tele either - my attitude has always been, "Why would you want a Tele when you can have a Strat?"

So I built this one from scraps and leftovers - all stuff I had lying around. Except the somewhat over-the-top logo inlaid in the body, which I had made up by Andy DePaule special for this thing. The pickguard is actually an inlay of book matched koa left over from another project, and the logo is inlaid into that.

The weird part is that this thing has become my favorite electric - it's the one I play in the church praise band when the song calls for an electric.

Next, my 5-string bass - also the one I play when I sub for the regular bass player in the praise band:

Kent Armstrong wound the pickups for me, and they really sound good.

Dennis Leahy
Dishwasher

Post by Dennis Leahy » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:48 am

Well, not being a 'lectric guy, I admit it took me a while to get around to opening this thread.
Z, Joe, Eben, Martin, and now Steve, those are a very cool herd of lightning sticks!

And, a welcome to Steve Cyr, who made that eye-candy curly Claro bass. Welcome to TLC, Steve!

Dennis
Dennis Leahy