First Parter Guitar

Yes, it's true, not all guitars are acoustics; some have single coils and some have buckers, and all of those have some serious electrons. Build 'em, work on 'em, mods, questions, Put 'em here!
Dennis Mitchell
Include Off Topic: Yes

Re: First Parter Guitar

Post by Dennis Mitchell » Sun Jun 20, 2010 12:30 pm

Then this little box arrived Friday. Two hand wound P90's from Gadow Guitars http://www.gadowguitars.com/. :dance
Dennis Mitchell

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and lends to all that is good and just and beautiful."
PLATO

Dennis Mitchell

Post by Dennis Mitchell » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:25 pm

Just thought I'd toss out a sneak preview with the pick ups, bridge, and knobs set in place, and the neck on.

Now to start shooting nitro!
Dennis Mitchell

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and lends to all that is good and just and beautiful."
PLATO

Lefty

Post by Lefty » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:48 pm

:o :shock:

Lefty
No money Nathan. No money Marty. Just a roof over my head and a rockin chair by the fire.
(Mose Harper)

Steve "Lefty" Leff

Aoibeann

Post by Aoibeann » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:26 pm

It's looking great Dennis. I really like it. How about a shot of the headstock?
Lillian

Edward Taylor

Post by Edward Taylor » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:37 pm

Looks amazing Dennis, should look even better with the nitro. Personally I would put solid black knobs on, but thats just me.
As the famed philosopher, Pogo Possum’s friend Porky, observed, “There’s only two possibilities: Either we is the most intelligent life in the universe, or there is life out there which is more intelligent than we are. Either way, it’s a mighty sobering thought.”

the Padma

Post by the Padma » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:05 pm

Yo , the Dennis,

Ya, is a real sexie looking parter guitar alright.

Probably sounds dynamite me bet.

but um Dennis...as luthiers, we all know your wood butchery skills are A1....

and as luthiers Dennis, thats a real nice pained up mechano set thing-a-ma-jig you assembled.

but...Dennis...

Perhaps if me sent you some fresh sawdust to smell, it would bring you back to the fold and get you inspired again, you know

to build a real ax. :whis:

Blessing
duh
Padma
The longest journey is from the head to the heart.

Dennis Mitchell

Post by Dennis Mitchell » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:55 pm

Ed...duly noted, the search is still on for "the" knobs for this build. 8-)

Padma...As we speak my friend, harp guitar #2 is back on the bench and underway once more. I should have progress pics this weekend. :mrgreen:

Spring time in Texas is killing my finishing schedule for this axe, but it now has the initial seal coat, and one build coat of nitro. No bleed through on the art work!!! :dance And I think she's gonna look great once all is said and done. I'm looking at an oil finish for the neck, and leave the headstock matte or semi-gloss. I tried pics, but they didn't look any different than the last post. Once she's all buffed out, I'll post more. Plus some wiring and set up pics.

Stay tuned...... ;)
Dennis Mitchell

PLATO