Hi I am new here (hey yo yo!)

Yes, it's true, not all guitars are acoustics; some have single coils and some have buckers, and all of those have some serious electrons. Build 'em, work on 'em, mods, questions, Put 'em here!
Sv3t Aust1n

Re: Hi I am new here (hey yo yo!)

Post by Sv3t Aust1n » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:06 am

Okay, so hopefully I have not clogged up the machinery here with my photos! At the moment, the Gadoogah Bass has taken center-stage in my life, although, my son just became a father--he lives in Washington State, and I am about to begin 60 days of prepratory training for Afghanistan. This has been a real labor of love for the last couple of years. Glen has kind of put aside his own work to give me space to work on this project, and while some of you might think that is crazy, I just want to add to that--love is really all that matters. When you come right down to it, who cares what we do or how good we are at what we do if we don't have friends and family close to us? Even if those aren't people, we still owe something to the tools of the trade and ingenuity handed down from countless others. For the last three years, Glen has taken me under his wing and really helped make me a better person. His generosity is one think, but his expertice and high standards freak me out, for lack of a better way to put it. We've had a lot of fun working on these projects and I just needed to say that all of you out there have my love and admiration!
Also, my brother Morris who is to be the recipient of the Gadoogah Bass, just flew out here for Thanksgiving and to help me and advise me on the effort. We had a great time working together!
Steve Lornitzo

Sv3t Aust1n

Post by Sv3t Aust1n » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:43 am

Annie looks like the Grinch's "reindeer" !

Green Mountain Guitars

Post by Green Mountain Guitars » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:58 pm

And then there is Put Put. :mrgreen:

We got a little bit more work done.

I like the finish on this one. A couple of coats of boiled linseed oil and it is done. No wasting time on pore filling or nothin'. It looks like wood, it feels like wood, and it is wood. Steve has the photos of the solder fest. And what a solder fest it was.

Long story about the headstock design. Steve will have to tell it. :mrgreen:

Multi scale bridge pieces.

Getting closer to the end.

And there it is. :mrgreen:

Glen

Green Mountain Guitars

Post by Green Mountain Guitars » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:22 pm

A few more finishing touches and.....

Steve, when ya' gonna' put on the shaller strap locks? :mrgreen:

Glen

Sv3t Aust1n

Post by Sv3t Aust1n » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:02 pm

Sv3t Aust1n

Post by Sv3t Aust1n » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:30 pm

I guess, in the back of my mind, the six pole mega-switch--in conjunction with the three pick-ups was about the most shakey deviation from the norm, but it went well! And the result was a variety of tones. In the first position only the neck pick-up works, then in the second post the neck and middle pickups are on. In the third position, only the middle pick-up; in the fourth position, the middle and bridge pick-ups are on, and in the fifth, only the bridge pick up. In the sixth position all three pick ups are go! There is also a volume control and a tone control--which lies closest to the power jack. You can get a good slapping sound from the treble, and especially with only the neck pick-up on in the first position, a quiet bass, with very little clicking. With only the bridge pick up on in the fifth position, there is an interesting throaty call, that reminds me of the "wild dog" position that my brother's first bass could produce.

Sv3t Aust1n

Post by Sv3t Aust1n » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:48 pm