Hi I am new here (hey yo yo!)

Yes, it's true, not all guitars are acoustics; some have single coils and some have buckers, and all of those have some serious electrons. Build 'em, work on 'em, mods, questions, Put 'em here!
Sv3t Aust1n

Re: Hi I am new here (hey yo yo!)

Post by Sv3t Aust1n » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:22 am

I was thinking that I would have each pick up go solo; then two combinations of a pair; followed by the spin cycle, which would provide full force, ALL the pick-ups open at once!

Here is a photo of Glen instructing me on how to wire a bass:

Green Mountain Guitars

Post by Green Mountain Guitars » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:34 pm

How is this one coming along? :mrgreen:

Glen

Ted Kowalski
Include Off Topic: Yes

Post by Ted Kowalski » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:59 am

Welcome!

I like the prybar installation method! No chance of encountering sticking friction fit resistance. Is that a home made prybar? It looks like a rock prybar I made following instructions in a Sinkankus book.

What do you use to increase clamping pressure? :mrgreen:

Oh yeah,I like that guitar body and your idea of wiring for full throttle pickups with the ability for multiple pickup variations. Whats the formula for possible permutations? 3X2X1 = six possible pickup options. If you add in series, parallel and out of phase wirings you could really make that spin cycle (and my mind) whirl. What's that line from "Down, Periscope" "Deviation, it's what I live for" spoken by the engine room operator. I like free thinking and horizons!

Again, Welcome!

Ted Kowalski

DaveAnderson
Include Off Topic: Yes

Post by DaveAnderson » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:14 am

Welcome to the forum ....

That is some guitar you got going there.
I can't wait to see this one finished !
Anderson Guitars
Clearwater,Fl.

Sv3t Aust1n

Post by Sv3t Aust1n » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:22 pm

Hi there!
There has been much progress on Gadoogahbass since my last posting. The use of files, sandpaper, and chizzles was mandetory, as the beaver was busy getting ready for winter... I very cleaverly hacked out a secret "Bass Cleff" symbol in the volute region. No matter how hard Mo practices, no one will ever see it from the back row of Carnegie Hall (oh well).
When the neck was kinda finished we started on the headstock. At first I toyed around with the idea of mixing glue with something and laying it into some grooved figures engraved with an engraver. That turned out to be an idea that resulted from the impulse to get the whole thing done as expediciously as possible. But after doing a little inlay work on the fingerboard, that urge to a back seat to well, inlay lust.
Over Thanksgiving, Gadoogah himself shewed up to lend a hand, and you can see him with coping saw in the background of a photo with the abalogne inlay.

Sv3t Aust1n

Post by Sv3t Aust1n » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:36 pm

...just a few more for now!

Sv3t Aust1n

Post by Sv3t Aust1n » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:47 pm

...Thanks for you comments and we hope you have a great New Year and Happy Holidays too!

Green Mountain Guitars

Post by Green Mountain Guitars » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:43 pm