Model O (SJ) Itialian, Ribbon Stripe, Coco

Guitars by Todd Lunneborg of Andover, MN
Dennis Leahy
Dishwasher
Include Off Topic: Yes

Re: Model O (SJ) Itialian, Ribbon Stripe, Coco

Post by Dennis Leahy » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:53 pm

Todd, Where do I sign up for a raffle ticket? I'm dead serious! What a cool guitar.

You just have such an eye for proportionate blending of woods, as well as aesthetically pleasing color combinations. Upscale and elegant, yet not snooty. The abalone ribbon crossover is just such a cool and classy touch...

I love to see your work!

Dennis
Dennis Leahy

Dennis Mitchell

Post by Dennis Mitchell » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:49 pm

Really inspiring work Todd! And yes, the idea of the letting the hat show the color of the shirt is great. Like your guitars, a nice artistic touch. :mrgreen: So, as my other brother Dennis is asking about raffle tickets. I bet you might could sell one or two around here as well!
Dennis Mitchell

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and lends to all that is good and just and beautiful."
PLATO

Rich Schnee

Post by Rich Schnee » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:36 am

Nice work Todd and the twist in the rosette is real cool!!!!

tlguitars

Post by tlguitars » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:11 pm

Live auction only, I have no idea what they're starting the bidding at. It's the guitar plus 3 lessons to get you started. I have no idea if anyone will buy it, my wife seems to think so.

Disclaimer: The rosette twist was my design "idea" (just as far as including it in the rosette), but it was taken from a friend who does the same thing on his back strips.

Photo by Brian A.

My friend has a partner who designed the twist on the back and I simply suggested he carry it over into the rosette. It's CNC'd in there but man it's super smart. Not mine originally, I just added a twist to what I'd already seen him do.

And hey Dennis, I'm cool with Snooty!! One of the best thing's I'm good at is color coordination. Lines and proportion. You should see me shop for cloths!! I can't draw dragons, airbrush skulls, or design killer art deco inlays but I can make lines and color schemes look good. Thanks!! Starting to finish sand the body to start spray (seal) tonight!!! Thanks guys. Todd

Dennis Mitchell

Post by Dennis Mitchell » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:34 pm

Live auction, eh? Well, I suppose getting Dennis L to bid for me is probably NOT going to work! Pretty sure he'd manage to out bid me! :lol:

Regardless of who's design, I'm with the other Dennis, you make it look good, and work with he rest of the guitar.
Dennis Mitchell

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and lends to all that is good and just and beautiful."
PLATO

Kwasnycia

Post by Kwasnycia » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:48 am

This is my first post here and saw your work Todd. Very nice!! Don't worry, your guitar will sell and it may even open up a new door for ya.

Dennis
Be who you were called to be, Nobody else!

http://www.kwasnyciaguitars.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Eben
Chairman Emeritus

Post by Eben » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:53 am

OMG, ANOTHER Dennis!

Welcome Dennis III!

Beautiful axe, Todd! You're kind and proper giving credit where credit's due,
but you're the one makin' this one sing, brotha!

E
‘I love America - I just dont know how to get there anymore.’

John Prine

UrbanMonique Food Blog

DaveAnderson

Post by DaveAnderson » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:50 pm

I love that rosette Todd.I did one similar lately without the twist of course. The neck is very nice too.
I really like your tee shirt and label too! And man,Close call with the thumb!! sheeeesh that gives me the creeps
just thinkin about that table saw blade going thru flesh. :shock: Good luck with the auction...
Anderson Guitars
Clearwater,Fl.